Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matt Frame <md...@sorvive.com> on 2003/05/03 04:33:13 UTC

PDF Encrypt in 20.5rc2

I recently downloaded and recompiled FOP 20.5rc2 per the requirement on the
FOP PDF Encrypt page but have been unsuccessful in getting any of the PDF
security to occur.  I would like to know what the command line should look
like when using fop.bat and PDF encryption.

I used Sun's Java 1.4 SDK to compile FOP on Windows 2000.  I ensured that
the JCE information was set in the java.security file.  Is there anything in
the compile specs that should be changed to get this to compile with the PDF
Encryption options.

Thanks,

Matt

RE: PDF Encrypt in 20.5rc2

Posted by Matt Frame <md...@sorvive.com>.
THANK YOU!!!  After getting the maintenance branch,  CVS and all of this is
very new to me, I was able to compile and execute the PDF Encryption
parameters.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

RE: PDF Encrypt in 20.5rc2

> I recently downloaded and recompiled FOP 20.5rc2 per the requirement on
the
> FOP PDF Encrypt page but have been unsuccessful in getting any of the PDF
> security to occur.

Encryption is *not* included in 0.20.5rc2. You'll have to get
CVS code (0.20.5rc3) for this feature.
The build will tell you whether it detected JCE or not (keep
an eye on the output).

J.Pietschmann

Re: PDF Encrypt in 20.5rc2

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.