Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by A SEYMOUR <th...@btinternet.com> on 2014/11/27 14:04:32 UTC

problem with process to enable text character repetition on holding key down

I would be much obliged if you could inform me how to reverse the above process so that text character is not repeated on holding key down. This problem has arisen because when I start  typing a document, on pressing the Shift key after typing the first letter, a dot appears  and this process continues throughout typing of the document.
Also, if I hold the Shift key down I get a dotted line. Similarly, the same processs occurs when I hold any text character key down and I get a repetition of that character.
I haver tried to find the answer to my problem making use of Openreach Help, without success. I do not know what caused this problem as, prior to this occurring for the first time I had typed out a text document two weeks previously without the problem arising. During those two weeks I had a problem involving emails corrected on line by an employee of  my server, BT.com, using the 'Remote Process'. Whether or not an error involving my 'OpenReach program' occurred during that process I do not know.
I look forward to your response with many thanks.
Dr R Seymour

Re: problem with process to enable text character repetition on holding key down

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/2014 08:04 AM, A SEYMOUR wrote:

> I would be much obliged if you could inform me how to reverse the
> above process so that text character is not repeated on holding key
> down. This problem has arisen because when I start  typing a document,
> on pressing the Shift key after typing the first letter, a dot
> appears  and this process continues throughout typing of the document.
>
> Also, if I hold the Shift key down I get a dotted line. Similarly, the
> same processs occurs when I hold any text character key down and I get
> a repetition of that character.
>
> I haver tried to find the answer to my problem making use of Openreach
> Help, without success. I do not know what caused this problem as,
> prior to this occurring for the first time I had typed out a text
> document two weeks previously without the problem arising. During
> those two weeks I had a problem involving emails corrected on line by
> an employee of  my server, BT.com, using the 'Remote Process'. Whether
> or not an error involving my 'OpenReach program' occurred during that
> process I do not know.
>
> I look forward to your response with many thanks.
>
> Dr R Seymour

      It appears that you have accidentally turned on the non printing
characters. Use the Control and F10 keys together. This should remove
all of the dots.

Dan