Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steven White <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 01:12:47 UTC

Closing Windows CMD kills Solr

Hi Folks,

I don't understand if this is an expected behavior or not.

On Windows, I start Solr from a command prompt like so:

    bin\solr start -p 8983 -s C:\MySolrIndex

Now, once I close the command prompt the Java process that started Solr is
killed.  is this expected?  How do I keep Solr alive when I close the
command prompt?

This dose not happen on Linux.

Thank in advanced.

Steve

Re: Closing Windows CMD kills Solr

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
would launching the java process with javaw help here?

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.

Posted by "Routley, Alan" <Al...@bl.uk>.
Hi Steve,

This is expected behaviour.

I get around this by creating a scheduled task, set to run at startup to start Solr.

Hope this helps

Alan

I don't understand if this is an expected behavior or not.

On Windows, I start Solr from a command prompt like so:

    bin\solr start -p 8983 -s C:\MySolrIndex

Now, once I close the command prompt the Java process that started Solr is killed.  is this expected?  How do I keep Solr alive when I close the command prompt?

This dose not happen on Linux.

Thank in advanced.

Steve

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk<ma...@bl.uk> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print