Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Anand Stephen <an...@sonic.net> on 2004/01/02 07:59:03 UTC

Unable to compile the source.

Greetings,
Wish you all a very happy new year!

I am trying to compile the latest source of struts I have attached the error log.

Any help would be appreciated,

-anand

---

Re: Unable to compile the source.

Posted by Anand Stephen <an...@sonic.net>.
Thanks!
My build properties was pointing to the wrong jar.
thanks again,
-a

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re[2]: Unable to compile the source.

Posted by Foux <fo...@foux.net>.
Hello Ted,

TH> Another shortcut would be to install Maven (maven.apache.org)
TH> and use the new Maven setup. It's still under development, but it
TH> do work. :)

TH> HTH, Ted.

Well, I tried it some days ago (and retried it just now), but the
maven building script is still stoping when trying to acquire the
commons-validator-1.1.1-dev.jar dependency.

Foux.

Re: Unable to compile the source.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:59:03 -0800, Anand Stephen wrote:
> Greetings,
> Wish you all a very happy new year!
>
> I am trying to compile the latest source of struts I have attached
> the error log.   Any help would be appreciated,   -anand
>
> ---

To build Struts with Ant, you need to create a build.properties file based on the build.properties.sample in CVS, and acquire all the dependencies it mentions.

The dependency your message complains about is a missing servlet.jar. As mentioned, this are shipped with your container (e.g. Tomcat). Tomcat 4 ships it in $TOMCAT\common\lib.

One short cut is to getting started is to use the JARS  in the lib folder from Struts 1.1 and add the new JARs from there.