Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org> on 2012/12/12 17:24:42 UTC

PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Hi

We can have a space pt-br in the page oo.apache.o[1] ? As exemple the
page oo.o/pt-br[2].

So would be this: openoffice.apache.org/pt-br

1 - openoffice.apache.org
2 - openoffice.org/pt-br

          Albino

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/12 10:37 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/12/12 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>:
>> As you know, we already have a user-facing page on the website here:
>> openoffice.org/pt-br
>
> Yes. :-)
>
>> Would the new page be for project volunteers to coordinate?  If so,
>> some pages on the wiki might be easier.  But if you want
>> http://openoffice.apache.org/pt-br then that is fine also.
>
> News volunteers. I am doing enough marketing blogs and news sites
> around here, has appeared some users.
>
>> The CMS bookmarklet works with openoffice.apache.org pages also,  So
>> you just need to create a new directory for pt-br and put an
>> index.mdtext file inside.
>
> Done !
>
>           Albino

My opinion is that we should align the content on

www.openoffice.org/...
www.openoffice.org/pt-BR/...
www.openoffice.org/es/...
www.openoffice.org/it/...

Means have translated versions of the English pages. We can have one
news section on every localized page to spread some local news etc. But
the main content should be the same.

Coordination and information for volunteers should be moved in a special
localized area in the wiki.

Juergen

Unsibscribe

Posted by lars kristensen <la...@me.com>.

Sendt fra Lars's iPhone

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Claudio Filho wrote:
> Andrea, here have a good point that i already tried find a reply using
> the Apache CMS, without success.
> If i have a page oo.o/participe.html and I wish to translate to pt-BR,
> i could put in oo.o/pt-br/participe.html. I translate the page and, if
> the original page (in english) is updated, i haven't idea how to track
> it easily.

With SVN it's not that bad: by a quick inspection of, for example,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/pt-br/
and
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/
you could find out what changed and whether your translation needs to be
updated.

You may even write a script that queries SVN and checks if your
translations need to be updated.

> IMHO, we can do like the Debian Project

Usually, with requests like this, the Infrastructure team frowns at the
word "like" and firmly tells you that we will need stable, reliable
tools that should be shared across all projects.

In this specific case, I find that Debian has a definitely nice system,
but it also enforces consistency in the directory/filenames structure,
which is something we are very far from obtaining unless we rebuild the
website from scratch. Considering that, the last time I checked, the
website was several GBytes in size, even more than the OpenOffice
sources, recreating it from scratch while preserving the interesting
parts would take a huge effort.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2012/12/15 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
> On 13/12/2012 Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
>>
>> I see the need because there is enough information on the official
>> website and not in others.
>> Only if you can also add that infos in OO.o/pt-br ?
>

> Yes, I think you can include information about volunteering in
> http://www.openoffice.org/pt-br/participe.html
> and subpages.

Andrea, here have a good point that i already tried find a reply using
the Apache CMS, without success.

If i have a page oo.o/participe.html and I wish to translate to pt-BR,
i could put in oo.o/pt-br/participe.html. I translate the page and, if
the original page (in english) is updated, i haven't idea how to track
it easily.

IMHO, we can do like the Debian Project, where exist THE SITE, and it
is translated for many languages, and when you enter in this pages,
through webserver detection, it changes for your native language. When
the translation is outdated, have a warning at top of page, suggesting
that there version is outdated and to read the current page into
english page. See two example, for portuguese[1] and english[2]. If
you enter in the main URL[3] will show at your language, if have
translation for it, or in english if not.
[1]http://www.debian.org/intro/about.pt.html
[2]http://www.debian.org/intro/about.en.html
[3]http://www.debian.org/intro/about

I think that is a good way for us too. To see more about how Debian
works with this question, you can see this page[4].
[4]http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating

What i did in some pages for pt-br was exactly this: get the english
page and translate to pt-br with same tree. And if have a way to do
some thing like Debian with Apache CMS, please, show me how that I
will follow it.

My two cents of Real (R$). ;-)

Bests
Claudio

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

2012/12/15 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
> Yes, I think you can include information about volunteering in
> http://www.openoffice.org/pt-br/participe.html
> and subpages.

CooL

> Any committer can create and edit pages there, including you.

Yes. ;-)

> You will need to use the Apache CMS. A long explanation is available at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html
> and the parts you definitely need to read are the ones about the "CMS
> Bookmarklet" (you will need to use your committer ID and password).

Understand, I go read. :-)

          Albino
www.albino.ws

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/12/12 Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>:
>> 2012/12/12 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>:
>>> The CMS bookmarklet works with openoffice.apache.org pages also,  So
>>> you just need to create a new directory for pt-br and put an
>>> index.mdtext file inside.
>> Done !
>
> I have question for change menu ( trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext ).
> This menu is global.
>
> I am translated [1] and others volunteers for pt-br, but if I change
> this menu, give the original problems.
>
> How fix it ? Thanks.
>
> 1 - openoffice.apache.org/pt-br
>
>           Albino

Albino --

pt-br has an "openoffice" web presence at:

http://www.openoffice.org/pt-br/

None of the native languages are *on* the main project website --
openoffice.apache.org

Is there some particular reason you feel this is needed?

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

  -- Aesop

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

2012/12/12 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>:
> As you know, we already have a user-facing page on the website here:
> openoffice.org/pt-br

Yes. :-)

> Would the new page be for project volunteers to coordinate?  If so,
> some pages on the wiki might be easier.  But if you want
> http://openoffice.apache.org/pt-br then that is fine also.

News volunteers. I am doing enough marketing blogs and news sites
around here, has appeared some users.

> The CMS bookmarklet works with openoffice.apache.org pages also,  So
> you just need to create a new directory for pt-br and put an
> index.mdtext file inside.

Done !

          Albino

Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Albino Biasutti Neto
<bi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We can have a space pt-br in the page oo.apache.o[1] ? As exemple the
> page oo.o/pt-br[2].

As you know, we already have a user-facing page on the website here:
openoffice.org/pt-br

Would the new page be for project volunteers to coordinate?  If so,
some pages on the wiki might be easier.  But if you want
http://openoffice.apache.org/pt-br then that is fine also.

The CMS bookmarklet works with openoffice.apache.org pages also,  So
you just need to create a new directory for pt-br and put an
index.mdtext file inside.

-Rob