Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2020/02/21 12:58:58 UTC

Next Steps for Mentoring for the Mifos Initiative for Google Summer of Code 2020

Hello all,

The Mifos Initiative has been fortunate enough to be selected for the 2020
GSOC program.

As noted in the previous email calling for mentors, we will have projects
spread across the Mifos X web and mobile apps, ancillary modules, the
payment hub, as well as Fineract and Fineract CN. For those that have
expressed an interest to mentor, we will send an invite out from the GSOC
portal.

Please refine our ideas list or add new ones at:

https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/RES/pages/1118175247/Google+Summer+of+Code+2020+Ideas

Based on the official GSOC timeline at
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline, students will now
be discussing ideas on the mailing lists with their application period
starting on March 16 and due by March 31.

We will host a mentor kick-off meeting next Friday February 28 at 1400 GMT
via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/909691810?pwd=S2szZWVHcWVmWDdreEl1SWs0QVJldz09

Mentoring is a big responsibility so we need those who are signing on to be
fully committed throughout the duration of the program.

DIAL has also been generous enough to sponsor an Outreachy intern for Mifos
which we need to publish projects for ASAP so we'll send separate email out
on that.

Ed

Re: [Mifos-developer] [Mifos-users] Next Steps for Mentoring for the Mifos Initiative for Google Summer of Code 2020

Posted by Enoobong Ibanga <ei...@teamapt.com>.
Was ahead of myself. My bad

Posted by Enoobong Ibanga <ei...@teamapt.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rahul Goel <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,
You can join the meeting remotely using the zoom link provided in the email.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM John Mukundo <jo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any possibility for live show online for those that cannot make it
> physically

RAHUL GOEL

RE: [Mifos-users] Next Steps for Mentoring for the Mifos Initiative for Google Summer of Code 2020

Posted by John Mukundo <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Any possibility for live show online for those that cannot make it physically

[signature]

[...]

edcable@mifos.org<ma...@mifos.org> | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org<http://mifos.org/> [https://secure.plimus.com/developers/817570/Template/icon-tiny-facebook.png] <http://facebook.com/mifos>  [http://organizationsandmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/icon-tiny-twitter.png] <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Open Source Organizations that wish to be mentoring orgs for GSoC 2020 can now apply. Orgs please remember the organization application period will close on Wednesday, February 5th. You can go to g.co/gsoc<http://g.co/gsoc> to complete your organization's application.

Students- if you are interested in participating in GSoC 2020 student applications open March 16-31.

The GSoC 2020 program announcement<https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/12/announcing-google-summer-of-code-2020.html>, timeline<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>, marketing materials<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/marketing> (slide deck, flyers), FAQs<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq>, and short videos<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/videos> about the program and tips for mentors and students are all available.

Thinking about being a mentor for GSoC 2020? Reach out to the organization you'd like to work with in the next couple of months and let them know, I'm sure they'd be thrilled to have you as a mentor!

We are looking forward to another exciting year of GSoC.

For any questions about the programs please email us at gsoc-support@google.com<ma...@google.com>

Best,

Stephanie Taylor

--

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org [https://secure.plimus.com/developers/817570/Template/icon-tiny-facebook.png] <http://facebook.com/mifos>  [http://organizationsandmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/icon-tiny-twitter.png] <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: Next Steps for Mentoring for the Mifos Initiative for Google Summer of Code 2020

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi all,