Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by james pruett <gp...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 16:22:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Fwd: old solaris box (but heavily used)

Hi,
How do I provide a redirect page during site maintenance?

Is anyone available for some help?

Thanks
Jim Pruett

Re: [users@httpd] Fwd: old solaris box (but heavily used)

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
If you have the correct mod_rewrite.so file available you don't need to
compile anything.
If you need to make changes to the server configuration, you will need to
restart the server process.
If you are making the rewrite changes in an htaccess file, you don't need
to restart anything (as long as htaccess is enabled).

I am not so familiar with 2.0 - I don't have any systems left where I can
test things (we retired our last SunOS 5 system last summer) - so I can't
give you more specifics specifically tested on 2.0.

- Y