Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/06/05 15:14:08 UTC

Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Looking at the last open JIRA this morning it is a documentation issue
that can be fixed independently of the release. Congratulations to
everybody for the flurry of activity this last weekend that closed all
of the open issues.

Paritosh, I think you are now free to make the release. If anybody can
see a reason to wait please respond immediately.

Jeff

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ------
> Robin Anil
>

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> for
> > >
> > > Give us a few hours on this and if we can't get it done, then we will
> > punt
> > > it to 0.8.
> > >
> > > I think the doc issue is important to be done before the actual
> release,
> > > but it shouldn't prevent us from building the artifacts in the
> meantime.
> > > I can spew the "what" of the LDA docs in terms of the command line, but
> > it
> > > would be good if Jake could provide some context around it for the
> "why".
> > >

> > I can doc some "why", as well as some of the new commandline options
> which
> > weren't there before, and then one more thing which might be nice, to aid
> > in transition: either alias "lda" as "cvb" in driver.classes.props, so
> > people who are using the old invocation will get moved over to the new
> one
> > (but will have to change their commandline slightly), or else add a dummy
> > "lda" target which just says something like "This has gone away, try
> > 'mahout cvb -h' to learn about the new LDA in Mahout, or see <wiki
> page>".
> >
> i have already done this sync and see

Ok, cool, I see how you've done that - that should work.

I'll get on MAHOUT-1025 to actually get it properly documented.

--

  -jake

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
------

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

  -jake

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Go ahead!. I am just trying to fix small issues like dependency as I am
finding it. Please start with the release process.
------
Robin Anil

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Ah. Is this correct anymore... I don't think the site is packaged in the
release. It doesn't really hurt either way IMHO. You could go ahead and
commit.

Re: Mahout 0.7 Code Freeze

Posted by Paritosh Ranjan <pr...@xebia.com>.
Thanks Sean.