Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Pr...@Dell.com on 2006/05/26 05:56:42 UTC

Xalan-c release that compiles with VS2005

I'm novice to this mailing list and need your help.

Since xalan-c1.10 source code doesn't get compiled with VS2005 (even
after applying patch from jira-584), I'm looking for some stable
revision no. that can be used to compile the source using VS2005. Can
someone help me with the revision no/branch name? What's the plan for
next release? Will it include support for VS2005 as well?

Thanks in advance,
-Prabhat

RE: Xalan-c release that compiles with VS2005

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi !
When the critical mass of the found defects will be big enough, or we find
especially bad misfunction, we will post XalanC1.11 release.
Probably it will be bug fixing release + some minor features ( like VS2005
support) .
Right now we don't have a concrete date for such release.
Thanks!
Dmitry Hayes

<Pr...@Dell.com>
28/05/2006 11:45 PM
Please respond to
xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org

<xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Xalan-c release that compiles with VS2005

Thanks Dmitry.

I could download the latest source code from the development trunk and
compiled using VS2005 without any error. Since this is still in
development, I would like to know if there is an official release (w/
VS2005 support) in near future.

Thanks in advance,
-Prabhat

Sorry , instead of "XalanC1.9" please read the official 1.10 version
Dmitry Hayes

Dmitry Hayes/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
26/05/2006 10:40 AM

Please respond to
xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org

xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Xalan-c release that compiles with VS2005

VS2005 support is still in an experimental phase . The main reason of the
different approach to the Localization project in VS2005 is support of the
Express Edition , that, for some reason,  comes with no nmake application
with it .
If you have the full edition of VS2005 then , probably,  you can get it
compiled by mixing the localization approach of XalanC1.9 with the latest
source of XalanC1.10
Dmitry Hayes

<Pr...@Dell.com>
25/05/2006 11:56 PM