Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by aman poonia <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/24 09:42:18 UTC

How to set a configuration in hdfs-site or core-site at host level

I have been recently trying to see how we can set a specific property at
host level through ambari.
Consider an example of data directories in HDFS.
If i want to set different data directories on different hosts to store
data how can we achieve that.
 For example
*datanode-1 has /hadoop/hdfs /hadoop-1/hdfs /hadoop-2/hdfs*

*datanode-2 has /hadoop/hdfs /hadoop-1/hdfs /hadoop-2/hdfs /hadoop-3/hdfs*

So we also have different *dfs.datanode.failed.volumes.tolerated *for
different datanodes

--
*Cheers~*
*Aman Poonia*