Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Harsh Mathur <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 14:26:44 UTC

Regarding Remote ES Cluster with Pio

Hi PredictionIO developers,
First of all Thank you for a great open source product.

I am Harsh, I was deploying the system in production and I have an ES
instance as a managed service. I am not able to make pio use my managed es
instance instead of me installing a local es. Thanks a lot for all the help
in advance.

I have a ES config in form: https://user:password@host
ports available:
1. x: for http
2. y: for native java node clients

I tried editing pio-env.sh as follows:

# Elasticsearch Example
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_TYPE=elasticsearch
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_CLUSTERNAME=elasticsearch
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_HOSTS=https://user:password@host
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_PORTS=native_java_port
#
PIO_STORAGE_SOURCES_ELASTICSEARCH_HOME=$PIO_HOME/vendors/elasticsearch-1.5.2

But Pio is not bale to find any nodes:

[INFO] [Storage$] Verifying Meta Data Backend (Source: ELASTICSEARCH)...

[WARN] [netty] [Aftershock] exception caught on transport layer [[id:
0x63808344]], closing connection

[ERROR] [Console$] Unable to connect to all storage backends successfully.
The following shows the error message from the storage backend.

[ERROR] [Console$] None of the configured nodes are available: []
(org.elasticsearch.client.transport.NoNodeAvailableException)

[ERROR] [Console$] Dumping configuration of initialized storage backend
sources. Please make sure they are correct.
Regards
Harsh Mathur
harshmathur.1990@gmail.com

*“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the
hard work you already did."*

Re: Regarding Remote ES Cluster with Pio

Posted by Harsh Mathur <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks man:)

After some of hit and trial, I changed https to http in the url and put the
java native client port, it worked without any auth.

Thanks again:)

Posted by Hasan Can Saral <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi!