Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Wierschem <sc...@potentialpower.com> on 2019/11/19 03:10:37 UTC

Help creating JavaFX project

I must be missing something simple: I just spent 30 minutes trying to
create an example JavaFX project. NetBeans displays a message that it
hasn't been enabled, so I click "Next" to do so. It fails and displays a
link to a deprecated page. I finally find the JavaFX libraries on the
OpenJFX page, and now don't know what to download or what to do with it
after I download it.

The error message says to open the Platform Manager and "create a
non-default Java SE platform." I don't see that option, and it doesn't do
anything with the JavaFX libraries I downloaded.

I looked at the online documentation and there is a step missing between #2
and #3. If someone would be so kind as to explain what I need to do to get
started with JavaFX in NetBeans, I'll make it a point to update the
documentation to explain this.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Help creating JavaFX project

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Go to the “Java with Maven” category and use either one of the two OpenJFX
projects that you see there.

Gj