Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de> on 2006/05/18 13:02:19 UTC

List blocking files

Just because during the logo discussion the problem occured several
times: Why does the list block attachments at all? Would it be possible
to allow attachments? I'd vote +1 for that...

Kind regards,
  Andreas

Re: List blocking files

Posted by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au>.
-1 from me  - rural with a slow connection and mailbox limits.

Attachments can be linked to the web for those that wish to download them.

Re: List blocking files

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I think that it's a bandwidth problem.  It's not necessarily that the ASF
doesn't have bandwidth, but if we allow folks to start sending through
files, it could get bogged down.

Re: List blocking files

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
+1

Re: List blocking files

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 5/18/06, Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de> wrote:

> Just because during the logo discussion the problem occured several
> times: Why does the list block attachments at all? Would it be possible
> to allow attachments? I'd vote +1 for that...
>
> Kind regards,
>   Andreas

Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: List blocking files

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
-1

It is better to have a Wiki page with all the images or links to them at some common place than bounce big binaries around.

Same is applicable to other binary stuff. It is better to put it on the web and have a wiki page to describe it.

Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de> wrote: Just because during the logo discussion the problem occured several