Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ld...@free.fr on 2002/07/22 13:40:04 UTC

Using the Manager with load balanced virtual-host ?

Hello,

I'm running Tomcat in a load balanced env where both server are hosting apache
and tomcat instances. (both configured with VirtualHost and Host directives)

myvirtualhost.com -> LoadBalancer ---> Host1: mod_jk -> tomcat4 -> mywebapp
                                  \
                                   --> Host2: mod_jk -> tomcat4 -> mywebapp

I'd like to use the Manager servlet to install a new context without restarting
Tomcat on both server but the manager only enables management of the web
applications installed within the SAME virtual host. If I install the manager
within the Host directive for both Tomcat, I will not be able to control to
which server the manager request
(http://myvirtualhost.com:8080/manager/install?..) will be directed as it will
also be load-balanced.

Is there a way to specify for which VirtualHost, the context must be added (for
example: http://localhost:8080/manager/install?
path=/foo&war=file:/foo&host=myvirtualhost.com:80/

Is there another way to "hot-deploy" webapp without using http requests ?

Thanks,

Lol

How to Implement SSL on Apache 1.3.23 in Windows

Posted by Ashish <as...@intersolutions.stpn.soft.net>.
Hi Gurus,

I am a new bee to  both apache and  SSL and I want to configure SSL on
Apache 1.3.23 with virtualhost .So plz help me in setting this up.

regards
Ashish