Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Eric Crahen <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/21 17:33:20 UTC

1.4 builds that don't depend on jayasoft.org being up?

Are there any updates to a 1.4 source tree with a build.xml that will build
against a more
stable site (like apache perhaps?). Jayasoft has been down frequently as of
late.

--

- Eric

Re: 1.4 builds that don't depend on jayasoft.org being up?

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

another possiblity for the old ivy releases would be to upload them to

http://repo1.maven.org/maven/ivy/distributions
                                                              jars
                                                              poms

This document explains how to create an upload bundle.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

It does not seem to explain how a distribution file should/could be
named in the upload bundle.

The best way would be that Xavier creates the upload bundles and
enters a JIRA to get the old ivy versions uploaded.

I will ask on repository@ how the distributions should be named
inside upload bundle jars.

Regards,

Antoine

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Xavier,

this should be possible.

the source and binary zips would go to
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ivy/

and the jars could go to ... the maven repository. But they would need POM files. Skeletal POM files without dependencies ... would be fine.

I would suggest to take as groupId org.apache.ivy because this is the new norms.

Only problem. Uploading to the repository would be considered a sort of "backwards release" and requires a vote. Same probably for the archives.

Let's see what are the reactions of the other mentors/committers/...

To have an ivy.jar in a public location informally for your build, I will put one under http://people.apache.org/~antoine/ivy/ivy-1.4.1.jar for instance.

This will be a temporary measure.

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:18:24 +0100
Von: "Xavier Hanin" <xa...@gmail.com>
An: ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: 1.4 builds that don\'t depend on jayasoft.org being up?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 12/21/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> the source tree is available on Apache's svn.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/trunk/

Yes but the problem is that Ivy build depends on Ivy itself, and thus try to

Datum: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:33:20 -0800
Von: "Eric Crahen" <er...@gmail.com>
An: ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org