Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io> on 2017/05/09 06:18:54 UTC

[VOTE] New committer: Xiang Sheng

Hi All,

This is a VOTE email for promoting candidate *Xiang Sheng* (with github id
*stanlyxiang*) from contributor to committer, who has been contributing to
Apache HAWQ (incubating) in last one and half years (from Nov. 2015 to May
2017). Please give +1, 0 or -1 with reasons in this email thread.

His contribution includes (but not limited to):
*Direct contribution to code base:*

   - 43 commits in total with some major components in hawq involved,
   including contributions to Apache Ranger integration, hawq register
   and command line tools, resource manager.
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/commits?author=stanlyxiang
   - 41 closed PRs: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?q=is%
   3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Astanlyxiang
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Astanlyxiang>

   - 13 improvements including documentation, test, build, command line
   tools, code refactor.

   - HAWQ-140 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-140>Add more
      information in HAWQ build instructions file
      - HAWQ-143 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-143>Add
      informations in Apache-HAWQ README.md
      - HAWQ-154<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-154>Update
      BUILD_INSTRUCTIONS file for dependencies install method and
ambiguous word.
      - HAWQ-203<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-203>Add a guc
      for debug metadata, datalocality time stat.
      - HAWQ-265 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-265
      <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-279> >Change metadata
      share memory flush strategy to prevent out of share memory problem when
      create too many hdfs_file.
      - HAWQ-279 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-279>   Add 2
      guc in template-hawq-site
      - HAWQ-284 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-284> Add a udf
      for new metadata flush strategy testing.
      - HAWQ-313 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-313>Fix
      dereference pointer before null check
      - HAWQ-475 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-475>Add
      build_type gcov for code coverage.
      - HAWQ-486 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-486>gpcheck
      can’t find namenode with Ambari install PHD
      - HAWQ-498 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-498> Update
      property value in gpcheck.cnf
      - HAWQ-1430 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1430> Update
      ranger related log level to avoid log flood
      - HAWQ-77 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-77> Fix source
      code comment for new ALTER/CREATE RESOURCE QUEUE
   - 10 bug fixes including test failure, resource manager, core-dump,
   command line tools, build components.

   - HAWQ-295<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-295> New metadata
      flush strategy remove 1 entry every time flush due to flush condition
      wrong.
      - HAWQ-998 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-998> Fix test
      for aggregate-with-null test.
      - HAWQ-1051 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1051> failing
      in reverse DNS lookup causes resource manager core dump
      - HAWQ-1076.<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1076> Fixed
      USAGE privilege bug on nextval(sequence) when optimizer on
      - HAWQ-1117 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1117> RM
      crash when init db after configure with param '--enable-cassert'
      - HAWQ-1160 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1160> Hawq
      checkperf does not handle hostfile correctly
      - HAWQ-1170 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1170> Crash
      at cleanup_allocation_algorithm() when enable ‘—enable-cassert’ option
      - HAWQ-1208 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1208> Porting
      gpdb interconnect fix to hawq.
      - HAWQ-1349 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1349> make
      uninstall failed for make target gpmodcat_uninstall
      - HAWQ-1433 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1433> ALTER
      RESOURCE QUEUE DDL does not check the format of attribute
      MEMORY_CLUSTER_LIMIT and CORE_CLUSTER_LIMIT
   - 14 subtask mainly focus on hawq register and hawq integration with
   ranger.

   - HAWQ-1044 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1044> Fix bugs
      in test case TestHawqRegister.TestUsage2Case2IncludeDirectory
      - HAWQ-1221 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1221> hawq
      register should error out when register a yml file doesn’t exist
      - HAWQ-1221 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1221> Add
      register test case verify bug fix YamlFileNotExist and
NonDefaultBucketnum
      check
      - HAWQ-1246 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1246> Add
      generation of RequestID, ClientIP, queryContext(SQL Statement) and
      encapsulate these contents to JSON request to RPS.
      - HAWQ-1256 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1256> Enhance
      libcurl connection to Ranger Plugin Service, keep it as a long-live
      connection in session level.
      - HAWQ-1256 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1256
      > non-superuser connect to db will do aclcheck through ranger and
      curl handle haven’t been initialized.
      - HAWQ-1276 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1276> The
      error message is not friendly when ranger plugin service is unavailable.
      - HAWQ-1276 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1276> hawq
      should error out directly when ranger plugin service is
unavailable, not a
      warning.
      - HAWQ-1292 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1292> Change
      GUC enable_ranger(bool) to a text GUC(hawq_acl_type), which can
allow other
      kinds of ACL.
      - HAWQ-1329 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1329> pg_catalog
      view fallback failed
      - HAWQ-1350 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1350> Add
      —enable-rps option to build ranger-plugin when build hawq
      - HAWQ-1350 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1350> Fix
      ranger-plugin makefile error
      - HAWQ-1362 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1362> Add RPS
      start/stop script in HAWQ start/stop script
      - HAWQ-1362 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1362> remove
      SYS_CATALINA_HOME to stay consistent with build check CATALINA_HOME

*Indirect contributions to code base: *
Provides a lot of valuable comments for PRs and help improve the quality of
the codes.
Reviewed for 63 closed RPs: https://github.com/apache
/incubator-hawq/pulls?q=is%3Apr+commenter%3Astanlyxiang

*Mailing List:*
About 30 emails until now, related to answering questions, discussions etc.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev

*JIRA:*
47 JIRAs are created and assigned with most of them mapping to PRs above.
38 JIRAs are closed and 1 JIRAs are in progress (opened pull requests).
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20H
AWQ%20AND%20(reporter%20in%20(xsheng)%20OR%20assignee%20in%20(xsheng)).

*Voting ends one week from today, i.e., 6:30 **UTC on 2017-5-9 *or whenever
we got enough votes from PPMC members.

Thanks and Regards,
Wen Lin

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Xiang Sheng

Posted by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io>.
Sorry, I made a mistake.
Please ignore this email, I will resend it to private list.
Thank you for pointing out!

Posted by Lei Chang <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lei Chang <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1.