Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 12:55:30 UTC

How to Delete A Field From Schema Without Re-Indexing?

I use Sol 4.5.1. Let's assume that I have a dynamic field at my schema.
I've indexed some documents into my cloud. After a time later can I remove
some fields (I know their names) from my index without re-indexing?

Re: How to Delete A Field From Schema Without Re-Indexing?

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that: I want a field that should have payloads (I have other
usual fields too).  I want to calculate usual document score and if a match
occurs at payloaded field I want to add payload to the document score too.

However I could not see "any" working example and I could not get "any"
response from mail list. So I decided to do that: I will have a dynamic
field and field name will be value of previous payload field design, field
value will be payload. So I will search on fields and if a match occurs I
will add its value to the document score with function queries.

Do you have any ideas?

By the way I have your book and if you add an example for my situation at
your next edition it would be nice.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.