Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by ted pittinaro <te...@hotmail.com> on 2016/03/18 17:00:11 UTC

finding how to address envelopes

Hello
I have open office 4 and having difficulties finding what source of the program is used to address envelopes, I can find how to do labels but not addressing envelopes, can you help
Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: finding how to address envelopes

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 16:21:21 -0500
Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> wrote:

> On 3/18/2016 12:35 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:14:03 -0500
> > Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> wrote:
> >

> >> There are about 6 different sizes preprogrammed into Writer for printing
> >> envelopes, but I don't really know what size those numbers represent

> > Standard International and US envelope sizes are given in
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envelope
>
> But I don't live in the US and those aren't readily available to me.

Peru has officially used the international series of paper sizes since 1967; it is reasonable to suggest that they use the International envelope sizes listed in the above reference.  I am sure a phone call to the local postal administration will confirm this.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: finding how to address envelopes

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: finding how to address envelopes

Posted by Joe Conner <jo...@gmail.com>.
Google is your friend. Here are four examples. My recommendation, try link #4 first.

1. <<http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/10-envelope>>
2. <<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Writer/Printing/How_to_print_an_envelope_with_OpenOffice.org>>
3. <<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Print_envelopes_from_db>>
4. <<http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2009/07/a-good-oldfashioned-envelope-template-for-openofficeorg-writer.html>>

Blessings, Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

On 03/18/2016 10:14 AM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> On 3/18/2016 11:00 AM, ted pittinaro wrote:
>> Hello
>> I have open office 4 and having difficulties finding what source of
>> the program is used to address envelopes, I can find how to do labels
>> but not addressing envelopes, can you help
>> Thank you
>>
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> There are about 6 different sizes preprogrammed into Writer for
> printing envelopes, but I don't really know what size those numbers
> represent, so the way I have been printing envelopes is this:
>
> 1.  Measure the envelope I want to print
> 2.  Open a new text document in Writer
> 3.  Under Format > Page I set up a User format to the size of the
> envelope I want to print
> 4.  Set the margins so that there isn't too much space between the
> return address and the edge
> 5.  Type in return address and destination address as I want them to
> appear on the envelope
> 6.  Print
>
> Dale Erwin

Blessings, Joe Conner
Joshua 24:15 "...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Re: finding how to address envelopes

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
On 3/18/2016 11:00 AM, ted pittinaro wrote:
> Hello
> I have open office 4 and having difficulties finding what source of the program is used to address envelopes, I can find how to do labels but not addressing envelopes, can you help
> Thank you
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There are about 6 different sizes preprogrammed into Writer for printing
envelopes, but I don't really know what size those numbers represent, so

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:00, ted pittinaro <te...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have open office 4 and having difficulties finding what source of the program is used to address envelopes, I can find how to do labels but not addressing envelopes, can you help

Assuming you are talking about Writer, what I've done is to create a template with the margins set to the correct location for the To address box with a suitable size and font face, and another text box with a return address filled in.  The settings depend on your printer and the envelope size.  What I do is test the template on a blank full size sheet of paper, and adjust it so that it will work with your envelopes in your printer.

HTH.  If you want to do it from a list, others can help - won't help much if the printer doesn't autofeed  envelopes.

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by steam!" -Charles Babbage