Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/16 14:54:54 UTC

Is there a roadmap?

We use ActiveMQ across our network.

I occassionally hear on the Internet references to Apollo, which claims to
be the next generaton of ActiveMQ.

Is there some document explaining what "the plan" is? Will AMQ continue to
be supported & updated for a long time to come or will users be "encouraged"
to migrate once Apollo is considered production-ready?

What are the goals of Apollo? To replicate the functionality of AMQ but
better/faster?

James

Re: Is there a roadmap?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Sorry for the delay,

So the goal of Apollo is to replicate all the features of ActiveMQ.
ActiveMQ 5.x will continue to be supported even after ActiveMQ 6.x is
released.  But there is no timeline yet on when that will happen.

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/