Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by ткаленко кирилл <tk...@yandex.ru> on 2021/03/23 18:04:12 UTC

Fix force rebuild indexes

Hello everyone!

I found that a forced rebuild of indexes does not work correctly. If the indexes were rebuilt once, then nothing will happen each time a forced rebuild is attempted. Also, if during the first rebuild of indexes (before the checkpoint) we call a forced rebuild of indexes, then we will execute it sequentially after the first. It seems that we need to fix this.

I suggest not to allow (throw an exception) to start a forced rebuild of indexes until the previous one completes.
And, of course, fix the ability to launch a forced rebuild of indexes.

I want to do this on ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14321.

Sorry, the thread was without a subject.
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/-td51935.html

WDYT?

Re: Fix force rebuild indexes

Posted by Sergey Chugunov <se...@gmail.com>.
Kirill,

Indeed current behavior of force rebuild API seems broken, we need to fix
it, +1 from me too.

BTW would it be useful to allow rebuilding individual indices?

Posted by ткаленко кирилл <tk...@yandex.ru>.
Hello!

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Hello,