Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dmitry Koltsov <ro...@hostonfly.com> on 2002/03/12 23:04:52 UTC

Apache/TCP stack issues (on FreeBSD box)

Hello

I have some issues with TCP stack tuning and/or Apache.
Issue:
I'm getting "Connection refused" error when trying to connect to Apache over
Internet when packet loss is 1-2%. Not all connection attempts fail but about
3% of attempts.
When I'm trying to connect over local network(from another machine and localhost)
in the same time, all is ok.
In order to get this statistics, I've made 20000 attempts from each place in the same time.

I guess apache is ok because from local network and localhost it gives no errors.

Is there solution?

Best regards,
 Dmitry Koltsov
 Host On Fly S.A.
 tel: + 7 812 9404403
 tel: + 41 78 8286002
 fax: + 1 775 2426205
 ICQ: 44656213
 mailto:root@hostonfly.com

Re: Apache/TCP stack issues (on FreeBSD box)

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Dmitry,

	This is unlikely to be problems with apache, unless load if
higher than allowed by config. I'd suggest you to use tcpdump running
simult. on webserver and remote client. You'll see who is generating
RST packet then.

ps: try the same with other service.

îÁ 2002.03.13 00:04 Dmitry Koltsov ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: