Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/11/04 10:24:44 UTC

trace class calls in hadoop hdfs

Hi,

I want to trace the calls that both the DataNode and the NameNode do when I
execute a shell command on the hdfs such as (hadoop dfs -put {src} {dst}).
Any idea how to do that?

; tracing including the data node asking the name node for the blockID..
also the class where datanode use to determine the replica datanodes in the
pipe ..etc

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: trace class calls in hadoop hdfs

Posted by Bing Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
I think you can try to use jdb, which exists in $JAVA_HOME/bin.

Regards
Bing

--
Bing Jiang