Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Alexander Shoshin <Al...@epam.com> on 2017/04/25 08:04:09 UTC

Travis jobs

Hi devs!

Does anybody know what is the purpose of the second Travis job?

I thought it should run all core unit tests but I found that it doesn't run anything. Actually it runs 5 integration tests from org.apache.zeppelin.integration package but all of them are skipped because of TEST_SELENIUM=false. As a result we have zeppelin-server unit tests which don't used at all (in any of Travis jobs).

I guess that it is because of the exclamation mark in "-Dtest" property:
-Dtest='!ZeppelinSparkClusterTest,!org.apache.zeppelin.spark.*'
which is not supported by maven-surefire-plugin of version 2.17 (which is used in Zeppelin). Exclamation mark is supported started from 2.19 but still does not work properly. Instead of this we can use surefire "exclude" property in pom.xml by passing parameter from command line:

.travis.yaml: -Dtests.to.exclude='ZeppelinSparkClusterTest,org.apache.zeppelin.spark.*'
pom.xml: <exclude>${tests.to.exclude}</exclude>

So should we run all core unit tests in the second Travis job or not?

Regards,
Alexander

RE: Travis jobs

Posted by Alexander Shoshin <Al...@epam.com>.