Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/25 07:28:08 UTC

Project report

Hi all,

Next report is due on April 1st. Have put down draft below, your comments
re welcome - especially, I did not have clarity on what to put under "Three
most important issues to address in the move towards graduation".

----
Lens

Lens is a platform that enables multi-dimensional queries in a unified way
over datasets stored in multiple warehouses. Lens integrates Apache Hive
with
other data warehouses by tiering them together to form logical data cubes.

Lens has been incubating since 2014-10-10.

  1. Add more committers
  2. Do one more release
  3. Document all features

aware of?

None

  - Apache Lens talk accepted at ApacheCon and GIDS, 2015
  - We saw user queries coming up on user mailing list wrt usage and some
clarifications
  - Establish whether "Apache Lens" is a suitable name : CLOSED through
PODLINGNAMESEARCH-63
  - Subscriptions:
    - TODO

  - The first release: 2.0.1-beta-incubating has been published
  - Added improvements in the project to reduce time taken for rest api
response
  - Add features - metering api, partition timeline cache, namespace level
jars
  - Mailing list activity :
    * Commits@ : 266 in feb, 52 in March
* dev@ : 1512 in feb, 787 in March
* user@ : 18 in feb, 1 in March
  - Issues :
    * 30 Day Summary (as on March 2nd) 116 created and 81 resolved
* 30 day Summary (as on 25th March) 97 created and 79 resolved

Date of last release:

  2.0.1-beta-incubating on 2015-03-04

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2014-12-24
----

Thanks
Amareshwari

Re: Project report

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Done for me.

Regards
JB

On 03/29/2015 03:03 PM, amareshwarisr . wrote:
> Sure Srikanth, updated draft on wiki -
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2015. Mentors, can you please sign
> off?
>
> Thanks
> Amareshwari
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Amareshwari,
>>      I feel that the project has made good progress and we should focus on
>> growing both the user & developer community, besides make one more release.
>> Documenting all the features is good to have and will help with user
>> adoption, but is more a technical aspect, so shouldn't be a blocker as far
>> as graduation is concerned.
>>
>> Regards
>> Srikanth Sundarrajan

>>> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:58:08 +0530
>>> Subject: Project report
>>> From: amareshwari@gmail.com
>>> To: dev@lens.incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Next report is due on April 1st. Have put down draft below, your comments
>>> re welcome - especially, I did not have clarity on what to put under
>> "Three
>>> most important issues to address in the move towards graduation".
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Lens
>>>
>>> Lens is a platform that enables multi-dimensional queries in a unified
>> way
>>> over datasets stored in multiple warehouses. Lens integrates Apache Hive
>>> with
>>> other data warehouses by tiering them together to form logical data
>> cubes.
>>>
>>> Lens has been incubating since 2014-10-10.
>>>
>>> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>>>
>>> 1. Add more committers
>>> 2. Do one more release

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré