Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jaideep <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/17 06:45:09 UTC

Push messages to subscriber

Hi all,

Based on my reading and understanding so far on ActiveMQ or other Message
Oriented Middlewares(MOM), I think a subscriber once registered needs to
keep on polling the ActiveMQ queue/topic for any new messages. I could not
find any information that talks about MOM pushing messages to a registered
subscriber and wakes it up for processing the received message.

It is possible that this question might have already been asked but I could
not find a suitable response for this.

I apologize if this is repeat question, and appreciate if someone can guide
me on finding an answer to can ActiveMQ be configured to push messages to
subscriber rather than the subscriber pull the messages.

Thanks
- Jaideep

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 01/17/2014 12:45 AM, jaideep wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Based on my reading and understanding so far on ActiveMQ or other Message
> Oriented Middlewares(MOM), I think a subscriber once registered needs to
> keep on polling the ActiveMQ queue/topic for any new messages. I could not
> find any information that talks about MOM pushing messages to a registered
> subscriber and wakes it up for processing the received message.
>
> It is possible that this question might have already been asked but I could
> not find a suitable response for this.
>
> I apologize if this is repeat question, and appreciate if someone can guide
> me on finding an answer to can ActiveMQ be configured to push messages to
> subscriber rather than the subscriber pull the messages.
>
> Thanks
> - Jaideep

Read a bit on consumer prefetch:
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html