Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by solo turn <so...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/19 14:24:19 UTC

accept certificate permanently gone?

there was an option to accept an expired certificate permanently, which did not work if passwords
were not stored.

why this option is gone completely? most browsers allow to do this, but do not allow to export it,
so there is no easy way to store the certificate to avoid the annoying question any more?

-s.

Re: accept certificate permanently gone?

Posted by Tobias Ringstrom <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
solo turn wrote:
> there was an option to accept an expired certificate permanently, which did not work if passwords
> were not stored.
>
> why this option is gone completely? most browsers allow to do this, but do not allow to export it,
> so there is no easy way to store the certificate to avoid the annoying question any more?

[Solo, please try to provide more details in your emails. What version
are you running, exactly what do you see, etc. You have been here long
enough to know this. I will have to guess what you mean:]

The option to accept the cert permanently used to be shown even if
--no-auth-cache was used with the command line client, or if
store-auth-creds was set to "no" in the config file.

The plan is to add another option to avoid saving passwords, not any
type of auth data (such as cert trust).  Until then, you can work around
this by running a command without setting store-auth-creds to "no" to
accept the cert permanently, and then put it back in. You can delete
your cached passwords manually after this operation as described in the
book, and then put the store-auth-creds back in.

/Tobias