Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Asad Awadia <as...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/14 19:37:57 UTC

Multi region

Hello,

Can I have a single raft group span across multiple regions?

Does ratis support that use case?

Maybe allowing pinning leader to a specific region and the other region being read only?

Regards,
Asad

Re: Multi region

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asad,

Currently, we have not tested multiple region setup.  I guess it at least
requires tuning the timeout values in order to make it work.

For "pinning leader", we do support server priority -- a higher priority
server will become the leader it is available.  We also support transfer
leadership; see org.apache.ratis.client.api.AdminApi.

Hope it helps.
Tsz-Wo