Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/03/18 18:55:42 UTC

Tests failing

The tests in Cocoon's build are failing.  We should strive to keep them
Working correctly.  The list of tests that have failed are:

TEST org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase
TEST org.apache.cocoon.util.test.NetUtilsTestCase
Testsuite:
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase

If the tests are wrong, we need to fix the tests.  If the code is bad we
Need to fix the code.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Tests failing

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Fixed the tests.

There was a really strange error in one of them.
The excalibur testcase descriptor defined a component with a shorthand and
configured it (or at least tried to ;)  with another shorthand.
No wonder it didn't work!

Which makes me wondering... did it ever work as it is now?

The other problem was with the NetUtilsTestCase.java.

     /bar with a,b and c,d

outputted

       /bar?c=d&a=b

which is correct AFAIK but it failed the test.

Now the test build passes.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Tests failing

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bl...@apache.org>

> The tests in Cocoon's build are failing.  We should strive to keep
> them working correctly.

I've added them to the Gump run.
While I was there I also told Gump where to get Javadocs to
be able to publish them.

> The list of tests that have failed are:
>
>TEST org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase
>TEST org.apache.cocoon.util.test.NetUtilsTestCase
>Testsuite:
>org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase
>
>If the tests are wrong, we need to fix the tests.  If the code is bad we
>Need to fix the code.

The problem was that the ComponentManager can't find the Resolver because of
different roles:

- in Resolver there is:
      String ROLE = "org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.Resolver"
- in resolver.xconf there is
   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl"
- in ResolverImplTestCase.xtest there is
        org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.EntityResolver

I've patched the testcase to the Cocoon implementation which is currently
used.
It seems the correct thing to do.

Now it's not finding the files for the test.
Still hacking...

            - verba volant, scripta manent -