Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/12/02 22:57:25 UTC

copying files from other repositores (was: Re: cvs commit: apr-util/test .cvsignore Makefile.in)

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 09:18:12AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > The big step, of course, is deciding how we'll move files from other
> > repositories, then going and doing it. Here are the move options, let's see
> > some voting:
> >
> > 1) copy the ,v files then remove tags on the new files.
> > 2) "cvs add" the head of the old file with a reference to the location/tag
>
> #1.  We are talking about completely re-organizing the Apache tree, which
> means that the history won't be easily accessible for any of those
> files.  Plus these files are actually going to live in apr-util for a long
> time, so we want as much history as we can have there.

Argh! You are quite right!

Okay. I'm with you and would advocate option (2). Everybody: are there any
objections to going that route?  (we have two +1 votes for (1))

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: copying files from other repositores (was: Re: cvs commit: apr-util/test .cvsignore Makefile.in)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 02:01:57PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > #1.  We are talking about completely re-organizing the Apache tree, which
> > > means that the history won't be easily accessible for any of those
> > > files.  Plus these files are actually going to live in apr-util for a long
> > > time, so we want as much history as we can have there.
> >
> > Argh! You are quite right!
> >
> > Okay. I'm with you and would advocate option (2). Everybody: are there any
> > objections to going that route?  (we have two +1 votes for (1))
>
> Please tell me you meant 1.  I am perfectly willing to agree that usually
> we should use option #2, but this is a special case.

Aw, crap. YES, I meant option (1)... feh.

Cheers,
-g

--

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > > The big step, of course, is deciding how we'll move files from other
> > > repositories, then going and doing it. Here are the move options, let's see
> > > some voting:
> > >
> > > 1) copy the ,v files then remove tags on the new files.
> > > 2) "cvs add" the head of the old file with a reference to the location/tag
> >
> > #1.  We are talking about completely re-organizing the Apache tree, which
> > means that the history won't be easily accessible for any of those
> > files.  Plus these files are actually going to live in apr-util for a long
> > time, so we want as much history as we can have there.
>
> Argh! You are quite right!
>
> Okay. I'm with you and would advocate option (2). Everybody: are there any
> objections to going that route?  (we have two +1 votes for (1))

Please tell me you meant 1.  I am perfectly willing to agree that usually
we should use option #2, but this is a special case.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131