Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ASV Ravi Kumar <as...@qcominc.com> on 2001/06/14 16:23:56 UTC

Trouble integrating Tomcat 3.2.2 with Apache 1.3 on Solaris 2.6

Hi,

I have created mod_jk.so with

apxs -o mod_jk.so -c -I /usr/java/include -I /usr/java/include/solaris
-I ../jk -DSOLARIS -l posix4 *.C ../jk/*.c

Shared object is created and i copied it to .../apache/libexec and
modified httpd.conf to load this module and add module using Apache
configuration directives as given in configuration files

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

When I try to start Apache it gives the following error :
*****
Syntax error on line 239 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: librt.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
******

Anybody have a solution to this?
Thanks in advance for any help .

--Ravi

Re: Trouble integrating Tomcat 3.2.2 with Apache 1.3 on Solaris 2.6

Posted by Paul Rubenis <pa...@tc.umn.edu>.
	You should check the file permissions of mod_jk.so to make sure that
the user the web server is running as can read the file.

ASV Ravi Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created mod_jk.so with
>
> apxs -o mod_jk.so -c -I /usr/java/include -I /usr/java/include/solaris
> -I ../jk -DSOLARIS -l posix4 *.C ../jk/*.c
>
> Shared object is created and i copied it to .../apache/libexec and
> modified httpd.conf to load this module and add module using Apache
> configuration directives as given in configuration files
>
> LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
> AddModule mod_jk.c
>
> When I try to start Apache it gives the following error :
> *****
> Syntax error on line 239 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: librt.so.1: open failed: No such
> file or directory
> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
> ******
>
> Anybody have a solution to this?
> Thanks in advance for any help .
>
> --Ravi