Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2008/04/15 17:57:36 UTC

Custom 'feedback' component - how to acquire ValidationTracker?

Hi,

In T4, I had a custom feedback component that acquired the
ValidationDelegate to do stuff with the errors recorded in a form. I
like to mimic this component in T5.

+ Feedback component
@Parameter private ValidationTracker validationTracker

+ AbstractBasePage
@Component(inheritInformalParameters=true,
parameters={"feedbackBean=feedbackHolder","validationTracker=validationTracker"})
private Feedback feedback;

public ValidationTracker getValidationTracker() {
   return null;
}

+ Concrete page
@Component
private Form loginForm;

@Override
protected ValidationTracker getValidationTracker() {
   return loginForm.getDefaultTracker();
}

This doesn't work - I must be missing something vital here?
I get: "Could not convert 'validationTracker' into a component parameter
binding: ..."

What should I be looking for?

-J.

Re: Custom 'feedback' component - how to acquire ValidationTracker?

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
Think I've already got it. I'm now using this:

@Component(inheritInformalParameters=true,
parameters={"feedbackBean=feedbackHolder","validationTracker=getValidationTracker()"})

The base page implements public ValidationTracker getValidationTracker()

Pages that do need custom feedback will have to override this
getValidationTracker method.

-J.