Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/13 01:59:52 UTC

TLP thoughts...

This is a side-effect of another couple of emails:

One to general@ in which I mentioned that I wanted to more actively
talk about TLP with some of the subprojects, find out what the reasons
to stay in Jakarta would be, and ideally end up with a reusable
component like Jakarta.

The other is to jmeter-dev@ in which I raised the question of a
testing.apache.org (or similar name) that might be a location for
JMeter and Cactus to live together. This seems quite nice from a point
of view of the projects' activity levels, but I suspect I'm inventing
things that don't exist.

Anyway. What thoughts would Cactus have on TLP, alone,  something with
JMeter or something else?

Just trying to generate some thoughts :)

Hen

Re: TLP thoughts...

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/05, Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> wrote:
> On 12/12/05, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The other is to jmeter-dev@ in which I raised the question of a
> > testing.apache.org (or similar name) that might be a location for
> > JMeter and Cactus to live together. This seems quite nice from a point
>

> By speaking of a testing TLP, there's been some discussion on the DBUnit
> project (which is hosted at SourceForge) about migrating it to ASF, due to
> the SF infrastructure issues and to the fact that many DBUnit committers are
> ASF committers as well. I could raise the ball again, this time proposing it
> to be incubated on this new TLP.
>
> Why do you think?

I'm non-binding, but it all sounds good to me :)

Leaderwise, there would need to be one for testing.apache (if that was
the way things went) instead of cactus.

Hen

Re: TLP thoughts...

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
On 12/12/05, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The other is to jmeter-dev@ in which I raised the question of a
> testing.apache.org (or similar name) that might be a location for
> JMeter and Cactus to live together. This seems quite nice from a point

By speaking of a testing TLP, there's been some discussion on the DBUnit
project (which is hosted at SourceForge) about migrating it to ASF, due to
the SF infrastructure issues and to the fact that many DBUnit committers are
ASF committers as well. I could raise the ball again, this time proposing it
to be incubated on this new TLP.

Why do you think?

-- Felipe

Re: TLP thoughts...

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Vincent Massol wrote:

> So I'd be +1 to that but a Cactus committer/leader would need to step up.

I second Vincent's opinion.

Also, I'd like to be that leader (Vincent has been hinting about the
need for a new leadership for a while :-), but I'm afraid my current
schedule wouldn't allow it. In fact, I have a couple of importat issues
to discuss in the Cactus list but haven't had the time to post them
properly yet. OTOH, I might get some extra time I could dedicate to the
project next semester, but it's too soon to commit that...

[]s,

-- Felipe

RE: TLP thoughts...

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Henri,

I think either solution would be great. However, Cactus needs a leader to
make things happen and move it forward. It's rather dormant right now. I've
personally stopped working on it a long time ago. I'm spending my time on
cargo (which has ties to Cactus) and maven.

So I'd be +1 to that but a Cactus committer/leader would need to step up.

Thanks
-Vincent