Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/18 23:18:30 UTC

Sub Document question

I have not tried this as of yet, but is there any limitation to the nesting
of documents?  Specifically can sub documents have their own sub
documents?  Are there any practical limits on this or performance impacts
from a search/indexing perspective to consider?

Re: Sub Document question

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
Should have googled first, I've read it is possible to index arbitrary
depths.

I've done a little looking into the query syntax, is there any work or
interest in supporting an API similar to what elastic search supports for
these type of queries?  They seem much simpler to read/write/understand.