Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Black <eb...@concord.org> on 2004/12/15 21:58:25 UTC

How to use versions/version project descriptor

Hi,

I'm trying to use the versions/version tags in the project descriptor, but
I have no idea how to specify it when building. The user docs say it is
used byt the dist plugin, but none of the properties for that plugin seem
to reference the versions. 'maven dist <version> doesn't work. Can anyone
give me some pointers or tell me where there might be docs on it?

Thanks,

Eric

Re: How to use versions/version project descriptor

Posted by Eric Black <eb...@concord.org>.
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Actually, it is only used by the scm plugin. The docs have been
updated, just not publised.

- Brett