Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by temidayo ogunsanwo <tj...@central.susx.ac.uk> on 2003/01/28 20:30:12 UTC

using JMeter

> I am doing a major project called Systems testing.
> The project is comparing the nature, functionality and performance between
> Java servlets and Session EJBs.
>
> The two applications are to be tested in Jakarta-JMeter. I have read the
> User Manual but I dont seem to understand how to run this tests.
>
> I am running tests now between session-cmp/ session and
session-jdbc/session

Re: using JMeter

Posted by "Michael Lee Jr." <ml...@hotmail.com>.
Actually, what it sounds like you need more is a code profiler such as
Optimize it. That's what we use. It's pretty good. You should look at what
sections of your code take up the most time and focus on those for
performance.
Mike

Posted by temidayo ogunsanwo <tj...@central.susx.ac.uk>.
Its comparing the nature functionality and performance between java
servlets and session beans.
At the end of my test , my results are to prove that servlets are better to

Re: using JMeter

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Frankly, I'm not sure how you'd go about comparing EJB's to servlets.  Sounds a
bit like apples and oranges to me.  Do you have two applications to test?  You
could compare your two applications, but I'm not sure what conclusions you could
draw from such a test about EJB's and servlets.

In any case, it sounds like you just need to get JMeter working for you on whatever
you have.  But you say you did get results one time.  So, what's the problem,
exactly?  Be specific please.

-Mike

On 29 Jan 2003 at 14:19, temidayo ogunsanwo wrote:

> Thanks for replying! But how do i go about doing a comparison between
> session EJBS and servlets? How is the test plan to look like and also what
> is it to contain?
>
> I added listeners. The SSl you are talking about( I am not sure what it is!
> ,is it the session cmps and session jdbc?), is what my supervisor told me
> to compare now, i am not sure how it relates to EJBs and servlets.
>
> PS:I did add listeners!!!
>
> Does it matter if i add the listeners to the test plan, as when i did that
> graph results were produced, but when i read the user manual, in the
> examples it gave it added the listener(graph result) to the thread group.
>
> Thanks...
>
> --On 28 January 2003 14:45 -0500 Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Did you add any listeners?  Why are you testing SSL if you're interested
> > in a comparison of  EJB's and servlets?  SSL is another variable that has
> > nothing to do with that comparison.

> >> session-jdbc/session

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Michael Stover
> > mstover1@apache.org
> > Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
> > ICQ: 152975688
> > AIM: mstover777
> >
> > --

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688
AIM: mstover777

Re: using JMeter

Posted by temidayo ogunsanwo <tj...@central.susx.ac.uk>.

Re: using JMeter

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Did you add any listeners?  Why are you testing SSL if you're interested in a comparison of
EJB's and servlets?  SSL is another variable that has nothing to do with that comparison.

On 28 Jan 2003 at 19:30, temidayo ogunsanwo wrote:

> > I am doing a major project called Systems testing.
> > The project is comparing the nature, functionality and performance between
> > Java servlets and Session EJBs.
> >
> > The two applications are to be tested in Jakarta-JMeter. I have read the
> > User Manual but I dont seem to understand how to run this tests.
> >
> > I am running tests now between session-cmp/ session and
> session-jdbc/session
> >                        And   session-cmp stateless and session-jdbc
> >                                                          stateless.
> >
> > These are both https and the server is vega.opmath.com.
> >
> > I tried running the tests initially by putting in two HTTP reguests int he
> > same thread group, one for cmp session and the other for jdbc session but
> > it seems the system(JMeter) froze. I am doing everything wrong I think..
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Any help? Thanks..

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org