Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Terry Mueller <te...@permeance.com.au> on 2010/04/13 14:47:11 UTC

ODE branches

What is the preferred branch to use for ODE for production and development?

I've noticed that many JIRA tickets have been recently assigned to fix
version 1.3.5 which suggests 1.3.x is still the active target?

We've been developing using trunk (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk)
for a while now, so some guidance would be appreciated...

-

Regards,
Terry

Re: ODE branches

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Terry,

sorry, my bad. We were triaging outstanding issues for 1.3.4 and found a
bunch of tickets with out a target version. I mistakenly assigned them
all together to 1.3.5. I manually skimmed through them and reassigned
them to the 2.0 branch.

Regarding branches, the current situation is that we (unfortunately)
have two branches that are subject of developments (1.x and trunk).
However, we still plan to move development from 1.x to trunk.

BTW, thanks for all your contributions and patches. We're looking
forward to merge them soonish.

Best,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: ODE branches

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Terry,

This is because we've had a lot of issues that have no fix version and
affect version, and we are going to release 1.3.4 soon, so we just updated
them into 1.3.5 for now, will set them into correct fix version later.

For trunk, it has some new features that 1.3.x doesn't have, but in the
production usage point, I would go for 1.3.x branch. We've always tried to
put new features into 2.0 trunk first, and then if it is stable enough, and
we thought it is worth to put it into 1.3.x branch, we will migrate them.

Regards
Jeff

--
Cheers,