Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/02/19 18:13:39 UTC

Correct copyright attribution for your Java IPv6 Library?

Hi there,

I'm part of the Apache CloudStack community [1] (our dev list is
cc'ed to archive this discussion), and have a question about your Java
IPv6 library's copyright.

First off, thanks for sharing the library with others.  We are happy to
have found it!

We are planning on adding a dependency like to use your library as a dependency
for helping with our IPv6 functionality, and I'm in the midst of preparing the legal
documentation changes required for our distro packages.  In doing so, I
see that you have published the library under an ASLv2 license, which is
great!

However, I haven't been able to find a stated copyright in any of the artifacts
published to Maven Central, or in the source itself.  Who currently owns
the copyright to the library's code?  Is it just yourself and the other
committer listed on the google code site [2]?

I have also not found any NOTICE file that we would need to include in
our legal documentation.  Can you confirm that this is the case?

Thanks again for sharing your library!

On behalf of the Apache CloudStack community,

-Chip Childers

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack
[2] http://code.google.com/p/java-ipv6/people/list

Re: Correct copyright attribution for your Java IPv6 Library?

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 07:37:55PM +0100, Jan Van Besien wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 09:51 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:37:17PM +0100, Jan Van Besien wrote:
> >>I'll see to updating my codebase and deliverables to include all
> >>necessary license and copyright information. This will result in a
> >>0.10 release later this week. I'll keep you up to date.
>
> I released version 0.10 with above mentioned changes. Let me know if
> anything is missing or not in order.
>
> Jan

Thank you Jan!

Re: Correct copyright attribution for your Java IPv6 Library?

Posted by Jan Van Besien <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:37:17PM +0100, Jan Van Besien wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 06:13 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> >First off, thanks for sharing the library with others.  We are happy to
> >have found it!
>
> You're welcome, thank you for your interest in the project.
>
> >However, I haven't been able to find a stated copyright in any of the artifacts
> >published to Maven Central, or in the source itself.  Who currently owns
> >the copyright to the library's code?  Is it just yourself and the other
> >committer listed on the google code site [2]?
> >
> >I have also not found any NOTICE file that we would need to include in
> >our legal documentation.  Can you confirm that this is the case?
>
> I personally own the copyright.
>
> I'll see to updating my codebase and deliverables to include all
> necessary license and copyright information. This will result in a
> 0.10 release later this week. I'll keep you up to date.
>
> kind regards
> Jan

Fantastic, thanks Jan!

Re: Correct copyright attribution for your Java IPv6 Library?

Posted by Jan Van Besien <ja...@gmail.com>.