Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2002/06/13 17:55:34 UTC

Server Side Include as default for the /manual directory....

    It appears that many of the documentation pages use a server-side
include directive to include the header and footer for the page.  But by
default, server-side includes are not turned on in the /manual
directory.  Should

    Options IncludesNoExec
    AddOutputFilter Includes html

be added to the /manual directory block?

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

Re: Server Side Include as default for the /manual directory....

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com>.
Brian Pane wrote:

> Brad Nicholes wrote:
>
>>    It appears that many of the documentation pages use a server-side
>> include directive to include the header and footer for the page.  But by
>> default, server-side includes are not turned on in the /manual
>> directory.  Should
>>
>>    Options IncludesNoExec
>>    AddOutputFilter Includes html
>>
>> be added to the /manual directory block?
>>

> Yes, and I think we also need to make a change to enable
> the *.html files within that directory to be server-parsed:
> either add the INCLUDES handler for *.html in that directory,
> or install the relevant files with 755 permissions and rely
> on XBitHack.  (I like the first of these two approaches
> better.)

Never mind; I just noticed that you'd included
the syntax for the first approach in the original
message.  :-)

+1 for adding the change.

--Brian

Re: Server Side Include as default for the /manual directory....

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:55:34AM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> directory.  Should
>
>     Options IncludesNoExec
>     AddOutputFilter Includes html
>
> be added to the /manual directory block?

+1 as we already do this for error pages.  -- justin