Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bill Winspur <bw...@wynnon.com> on 2005/12/27 16:34:14 UTC

Using the bootclasspath

I'm trying to link a diagnostic classloader into the java task, but
having set up the bootclasspath element,
by prepending my diagnostics jar path to the default contents of
sun.boot.class.path, and having forked
the jvm, I get the message

bootclasspath ignored since build.sysclasspath has been set.

I have been unable to discover what this message means. Can somebody
direct me to ant's classloading reference material, or explain how I can use
the boot classpath?

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Using the bootclasspath

Posted by Bill Winspur <bw...@wynnon.com>.
Thanks for the pointer stephan, I'll continue to experiment and post my
results back here.

Re: Using the bootclasspath

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Using the bootclasspath

Posted by Bill Winspur <bw...@wynnon.com>.
Thanks for the input Roger. As you indicated, I ran outside ant and
solved the problem I had, but I
still need to be able to run my debug classes under ant. I'll experiment
with ANT_OPTS and will
post back here.

RE: Using the bootclasspath

Posted by Rainer Noack <ra...@noacks.net>.