Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/04 08:22:47 UTC

Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Hi.
FlatLaF is nice, but it has few problems. I've reported:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3943
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3942
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3910

Is there a guy who feels responsible for these issues?

On a general note: How do we make sure FlatLaF related issues got assigned
to the right people? What category to use? How to identify them?
-jt

AW: Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
I asked for create a new jira component like FlatLaF, but someone said, General look and feel stuff will be handled via component „ide - UI“.

Cheers

Chris

Re: Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 08:23, Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FlatLaF is nice, but it has few problems. I've reported:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3943
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3942
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3910

First two sound like they need fixing.

I'd rather we fixed the third by removing the HTML UI wizards to be
honest - the delivery of JavaFX for this (like nbjavac) is borderline
for ASF compliance in future, and the ergonomics aspect of it has
caused too many issues - lots of reports of deadlocks, in fact
currently deadlocking for me.

Best wishes,

Neil

AW: Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
And more info, Karl Tauber is one of the responsible person of FlatLaF, atm.

Re: Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Posted by Karl Tauber <ka...@jformdesigner.com>.
I've created a PR to fix issue NETBEANS-3942 (breakpoint color):
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2031

The problem was that the editor has additional storage for annotations,
which was not updated when switching color profile on NB shutdown (after
LaF switch).

If you already have wrong colors (after switching LaF), the PR does and
can not fix them. In this case it is necessary to either reapply color
profile in NB Options dialog or switch to FlatLaf Light and then back to
FlatLaf Dark.

Karl

Re: Problems of (dark) FlatLaF

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.