Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by charlie Holeowsky <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/20 11:31:21 UTC

Add subnet to public networrk

Hello,
we installed a cs 4.11.2 cluster with KVM and advanced mode network.

During the first configuration we assigned a range of our public ip class
to this network.

Now we would like to add another address range of the same address range
but cloudstack prevents me with the following message:

The IP range with tag: vlan://untagged in zone ZONE has overlapped with the
subnet. Please specify a different gateway/netmask.

I tried to manually add addresses in the user_ip_address table but even
restarting the manager the dashboard count remains unchanged.

How can I add addresses to the public network?

Regards,

Charlie H

Re: Add subnet to public networrk

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Great to hear that!

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Add subnet to public networrk

Posted by charlie Holeowsky <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
You need to change 2 tables:

update cloud.vlan where id=1 (assuming this is your public IP range) set
ip4_range="a.b.c.d-x.y.z.w" (here use your brain and see if you need to
change both start and end IP or just one of those two - depending on in
which direction you are expanding. THIS ASSUMES that you are just extending
the existing IP range with additional consecutive IPs. In case you are
adding a range that is NOT consecutive to the existing IPs - then another
approach might be needed (not shown here, have idea of how to do it, have
not tested it - but I can reply with a separate email if needed)

Now, also add records in the user_ip_address by possibly cloning existing
record of a sample (unallocated !) public IP - but changing id, uuid,
public_ip_address. mac_address values - make sure all those values are NOT
duplicated and use logic/brain on which values to put in - i.e. the next
value after the biggest existing value for the mac_address and id, while
public_ip_address and uuid just need to be unique.

mgmt server restart is not needed.
(backup you DB before any actions please).

This should work fine (tested it briefly myself)

Best,
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić