Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/12/28 14:07:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1053339 - /mina/vysper/trunk/server/extensions/xep0045-muc/pom.xml

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM,  <be...@apache.org> wrote:
> Log:
> nbxml seems to be missing from pom

Since it will be included by vysper-core (as a transitive dependency),
it's not necessary to declare it in downstream modules.

/niklas

Re: svn commit: r1053339 - /mina/vysper/trunk/server/extensions/xep0045-muc/pom.xml

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
On 28.12.10 14:29, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Bernd Fondermann<bf...@brainlounge.de>  wrote:
>> ok, then either spec-compliance can go, too
>
> spec-compliance is marked as optional (since it's not strictly needed
> by downstream users), which means it won't be a transitive dependency
> and needs to be declared in downstream modules. Some more on this can
> be found at:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
>
>   - or it is nowhere in the parent
>> tree. Does the module declaration in vysper-parent count?
>
> The once in the parent are in a<dependencyManagement>  which means
> they are not actually set up as dependencies. Instead, they are
> defined with their properties (primarily version) so that when used
> (such as on vysper-core), we need not include their version (or other
> stuff) everywhere. Typically used for versions and exclusions of
> transitive dependencies.
>
> This is documented here:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
>
>> Maven-agnostic thanks,
>
> Fun, isn't it ;-)

Yes. At least, reverting is.

:-)

   Bernd

Re: svn commit: r1053339 - /mina/vysper/trunk/server/extensions/xep0045-muc/pom.xml

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> ok, then either spec-compliance can go, too

spec-compliance is marked as optional (since it's not strictly needed
by downstream users), which means it won't be a transitive dependency
and needs to be declared in downstream modules. Some more on this can
be found at:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

 - or it is nowhere in the parent
> tree. Does the module declaration in vysper-parent count?

The once in the parent are in a <dependencyManagement> which means
they are not actually set up as dependencies. Instead, they are
defined with their properties (primarily version) so that when used
(such as on vysper-core), we need not include their version (or other
stuff) everywhere. Typically used for versions and exclusions of
transitive dependencies.

This is documented here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

> Maven-agnostic thanks,

Fun, isn't it ;-)

/niklas

Re: svn commit: r1053339 - /mina/vysper/trunk/server/extensions/xep0045-muc/pom.xml

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
On 28.12.10 14:07, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM,<be...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Log:
>> nbxml seems to be missing from pom
>
> Since it will be included by vysper-core (as a transitive dependency),
> it's not necessary to declare it in downstream modules.

ok, then either spec-compliance can go, too - or it is nowhere in the