Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/26 19:56:23 UTC

Connection refused error - Getting repeatedly

All,

I have a 3 node hadoop cluster CDH 4.4 and every few days or when ever I load some data through sqoop or query through hive , sometimes I get the following error -

Call From <<server 1>> to <<server 2>> failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

This has become so frequent. What can be the reasons and how should I troubleshoot this? Is it the hardware or network can be the most common problem/issue with this kind of error. Please advise.

Regards,
Raj