Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by byasoraama <yb...@opentext.com> on 2014/06/12 15:53:20 UTC

Issue with large words in the text block

I am new user to FOP...

I have an fo:block element in fo:table-cell which is in fo:table-row of a
fo:table. This table has 6 columns,  obviously column width is small. Now,
when a *Word* in the block is larger than the block it is overlapping the
next block. Give me some attribute value or any other solution so that the
bigger word breaks into the new line...Thanks in advance

the part of My fo file XML is :

<fo:table-row>
     <fo:table-cell border-style="solid"	border-width="0.1mm">
	  <fo:block text-align="center" font-size="10pt"
margin="0pt">7:12</fo:block>
     </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

RE: Issue with large words in the text block

Posted by A Gian <a....@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
I think you should take a look  here http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#cells-overflow
If the problem persists it would be easier for people to help you if you provide more information (fop version,  fo and output file (pdf.ps etc) file demonstrating the issue.
Thanasis

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
Use hyphenation:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/hyphenation.html#support