Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ashutoshd <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/17 16:03:47 UTC

creating problem for hot deploy

<dependency>
			<groupId>com.XXXXXX</groupId>
			<artifactId>XXXXXXXX</artifactId>
			<version>3.2</version>
			<scope>system</scope>
			<systemPath>${basedir}/lib/XXXXXX-3.1.4.jar</systemPath>
		</dependency>

this is creating problem for auto build of projects in maven
can anyone tell me what is the correct way to write so that maven can be
auto build again

Re: creating problem for hot deploy

Posted by ashutoshd <de...@gmail.com>.
I m totally new to Maven .
Can you please give me an example on this , taking this one as sample so
that I can figure out how to write others for both point 1 and 2.
Can you explain the What do you mean with repository manager

Re: creating problem for hot deploy

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
don't use scope=system

either:

1. install the artifact in your local repo

or

2. (Better) deploy the artifact to your maven repository manager

Friends don't let friends use Maven without a Repository Manager

Friends don't let friedns use Scope = system

-Stephen

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> this is creating problem for auto build of projects in maven

What does "auto build" mean?

> can anyone tell me what is the correct way to write so that maven can be
> auto build again

Don't use system scope. As Stephen already told you.

Stephen also mentioned and you asked about a repository manager --
there are several such as Nexus, Artifactory, and Archiva.

Wayne