Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/28 03:04:16 UTC

Re: Please address this issue

Adrian, Jacques,

I trust you don't feel insulted or otherwise offended when in unequivocal,
but direct (but not rudely intended) wording I say the following.

I will not spend my time or other resources available to me in order to
register and assess how Hans' company multi-tenancy solution (based on an
undisclosed version of OFBiz) looks and works from the outside only to
discover that:

   - his solution is not OFBiz trunk or any other release avaiable to this
   community or end-users, or
   - that - while his solution may appear similar to OFBiz - underneath it
   may be modified in such a way that technical issues reported and addressed
   by this community do not occur in his system (which cannot be assessed when
   code has not been made available - and I won't expect Hans to do so).

Of course everybody is free to form an opinion on the merits of the
solution(s) marketed by Hans and his company.

As for the second suggestion to try to crash his system/solution, as
certain as daylight starts at dawn and ends at dusk, I will not support
such an action nor perfom it myself. I also believe that, without prior
written consent by Hans in this community or elsewhere on the internet (I
won't be googling it), you should not suggest it.

Participating in this community should be about furthering OFBiz and the
community itself. Anything else maybe related, but doesn't have to be or
should be of consequence.

Regards,

Pierre

   Jacques Le Roux jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com
 17:00 (9 uren geleden)
   aan mij, private
 Forgot to forward this to you, Pierre

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

> For testing on demo, the problem is multi tenant is not enabled, I think
> that's why Hand proposed to test on "his" instance
>
> I previously recommended in a comment in this Jira to discuss on dev ML. I
> think it's a better place, but another thread should be
> created.
> At this advanced stage, though it could be better to reproduce on Hans's
> instance and then add the steps for commiters to reproduce
> there or locally, in order to test Pierre's patch attached to the Jira
>
> Then, if there is still some moot points they should be discussed openly
> on dev ML...
>
> HTH
>
> Jacques
>

> From: "Hans Bakker" <in...@hansbakker.com>
>
>> Thank you Adrian for this reply.
>> I completely agree with it
>> Regards
>> Hans
>>
>> Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>      Jacques Le Roux jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com
 17:02 (9 uren geleden)
   aan private, mij
 Scott, Pierre, All,

I never felt insulted by Pierre. Sometimes he is a bit rude yes, but he is
not alone ;o)

However see my forwarded message, Pierre. I think you/we can have a 1st
look at it using Hans's instance (thanks Hans). And then see if/how we can
fix/improve this "issue"...

Cheers

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>
      Adrian Crum adrian.crum@sandglass-software.com
 17:36 (8 uren geleden)
   aan private, Jacques, mij
 On 4/27/2012 4:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Scott, Pierre, All,
>
> I never felt insulted by Pierre. Sometimes he is a bit rude yes, but he is
> not alone ;o)
>
> However see my forwarded message, Pierre. I think you/we can have a 1st
> look at it using Hans's instance (thanks Hans). And then see if/how we can
> fix/improve this "issue"...

That's what I was thinking. If I was Pierre, I would use the link that Hans
provided as an opportunity to crash his server. I am sure Hans would be
highly motivated to fix the problem if it was used to crash his server.