Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 11:22:08 UTC

Floatwritable and hadoop streming

Hello

In my use case, I need to build a single big sequence file. The key value
pairs are generated by map processes and a single reducer is used to
generate the sequence file. My value is a floatwritable (a list of float
values). I use hadoop streaming 2.4. i have a mapper that prints key value
pairs like this

println "${key}@${value}"

In my reducer, I need to collect them and append them into a sequence file.
However, in reducer, the input is a string and I do not know how to convert
'value' into floatWritable?

any clue here?

thanks
Rab