Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Jukka Sirviö <ju...@mipro.fi> on 2023/01/05 16:41:12 UTC

schneider plc & eip

Hello,
I'm using eip_update branch,
the plc does provide ethernet/ip, but I'm not able to set up the connection correctly.

plc indicates that it does have support for ConnectionManager, but when sending Open Connection Manager EIP Package, the tcpdump indicates that large forward open is not supported. Any ideas what are my alternatives here? Some of the supported attributes (cip object model) for the plc are 1 (Identity), 2 (MessageRouter), 4 (Assembly), 6 (Connection manager), 244 (Port), 245 (TCP/IP), 246 (Eth Link).. total of 21 attributes.

145 46.246813 originator → target CIP CM 146 Connection Manager - Large Forward Open (Message Router)
146 46.249130 target → originator CIP CM 98 Service not supported: Connection Manager - Large Forward Open

thanks for help:
-Jukka

________________________________

Tämä sähköpostiviesti (liitteineen) saattaa sisältää luottamuksellista tietoa, joka on tarkoitettu
vain vastaanottajalleen. Jos et ole oikea vastaanottaja, ilmoita viestin lähettäjälle tapahtuneesta
virheestä ja tuhoa viesti välittömästi. Viestin luvaton julkaiseminen, kopioiminen, jakelu tai muu
käyttö tai toimenpiteisiin ryhtyminen sen perusteella on ehdottomasti kielletty.

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the
sender and delete this message immediately. Notice that disclosing, copying, distributing or any
other use of the message and its information, or taking any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

________________________________

Re: schneider plc & eip

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

yeah … it seems that most EIP PLCs use EIP and CIP as basis but have their own set of services with their own IDs.
I think we might need driver variants where we use different constants for different types of vendors.
Not sure how easily we’ll be able to auto-detect, stuff, but perhaps a connection option is needed here.

I really hope in a few weeks I’ll be able to convince the folks at my day-job to go all-in with PLC4X.
Then I would probably be able to get a lot of additional stuff in, but right now it’s not looking good for that :-(

Chris

From: Ben Hutcheson <be...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 7. January 2023 at 13:52
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: Re: schneider plc & eip
Ah wait, it might use a different CIP service ID (0x54 instead of 0x5B).

Is there any chance you could get us a packet capture of a successful
connection?

Re: schneider plc & eip

Posted by Ben Hutcheson <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: schneider plc & eip