Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Rosie Chandler <ro...@btopenworld.com> on 2006/05/27 23:22:29 UTC

Use of normsdist function

I would like to use the Normsdist function located in:

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.functions.Normsdist

but I am not sure what I have to do, to use this
within a Java program.

Could you please let me know what I need to download?
Presumably there is a jar file somewhere that I add to
the classpath, and then an "import" line I need to add
to the top of the program.  Could you please advise?

Sorry if this is something I should know how to do,
but I've only been using Java for a few days (I'm more
comfortable with C++).

Rosie

Re: Use of normsdist function

Posted by de...@yahoo.com.
The jar file you should include in your program is in
the 3.0-alpha release:
poi-bin-3.0-alpha1-20050704.zip.
You should have poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha1-20050704.jar
in your classpath.

To download the alpha release:
Navigate to:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/poi/
Then "dev" > "bin" and download the zip or tarball.

~ amol

--- Rosie Chandler <ro...@btopenworld.com>