Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2005/11/19 12:05:33 UTC

[zone] keeping copies of the zone's config files

I have copied important config files (maybe not all of them, a
double-check would be welcome) to the committer's private SVN area, see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/pmc/cocoon/
cocoon.zones.apache.org/README.txt

I've used a simple copy (described in that file) to bring the configs
to my local SVN sandbox for committing, this is not optimal but at
least we now have a safe copy of those files.

I haven't included anything from the Daisy setup, if someone who knows
Daisy better than me could do that, please have a look at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/pmc/cocoon/
cocoon.zones.apache.org/zone-config-files/UPDATING.txt and update
accordingly.

The idea is not to have a full backup in SVN, but only the critical and
zone-specific files, to be able to recreate the zone if something
catastrophic happens.

-Bertrand

Re: [zone] keeping copies of the zone's config files

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 12:05 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I have copied important config files (maybe not all of them, a
> double-check would be welcome) to the committer's private SVN area, see
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/pmc/cocoon/
> cocoon.zones.apache.org/README.txt
>
> I've used a simple copy (described in that file) to bring the configs
> to my local SVN sandbox for committing, this is not optimal but at
> least we now have a safe copy of those files.
>
> I haven't included anything from the Daisy setup, if someone who knows
> Daisy better than me could do that, please have a look at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/pmc/cocoon/
> cocoon.zones.apache.org/zone-config-files/UPDATING.txt and update
> accordingly.

We do indeed need to look at this, Daisy is currently not being backed
up AFAIK (both data & config). I might have a look at this some time,
but no promises.